Bristol Instruments is a world leader in optical interferometer-based instrumentation. Its customers range from top scientific research institutions to telecommunications equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a 15-year legacy of technological innovation that has resulted in best-in-class test and measurement products for the most demanding applications.
The Software Engineer is involved in all phases of software development for embedded code, Windows GUI applications and internal test and measurement interfaces. You will assist in generating design documents, estimating effort, and implementing software features in collaboration with the product development team. In addition to day-to-day development activities, you will participate in improving the software architecture to simplify future development activities. To be successful in this role, you should:
- Possess an ability to implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Be confident in the technical aspects and comfortable troubleshooting embedded code.
- Develop software utilizing C++ and Python for PCs running Windows, embedded Linux systems, and TI DSP’s.
- Implement measurement algorithms from mathematical formulas and pseudo-code descriptions.
- Strive to continually improve established code base through detailed commenting and suggestions for streamlining processing.
- Work closely with the product development team to efficiently isolate and correct software bugs.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex software applications.
- Knowledge of embedded software design, development, and real time operation.
- Strong working knowledge of C++, Python and Qt Framework.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Application of the principles and techniques of computer engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with TI DSP/Microcontroller programming tools, including software emulators/debuggers.
- Familiarity with signal processing algorithm and concepts (FFTs, FIR filters, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.