Bristol Instruments has an opening for an Electro-Optical Technician in our Production Department.
Reports To: Production Manager
- Assembly, alignment and testing of electro-optical devices in accordance with written and verbal instructions
- Repair and calibration of products
- Must be capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders and test procedures
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in assemblies using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Align, fit and assemble component parts
- Some optics knowledge useful but not an absolute requirement
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Must demonstrate good cleanliness habits to ensure excellent instrument performance and long life.
- Analyze and record test results and prepare written testing documentation
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Associate degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pertinent experience: None required but can be beneficial. A ‘will learn/can-do/will cooperate’ attitude is essential
$25 - $35 / hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.