Technical Support Engineer
Bristol Instruments is a world leader in optical interferometer-based instrumentation. Its customers range from top scientific research institutions to telecommunications equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a 15-year legacy of technological innovation that has resulted in best-in-class test and measurement products for the most demanding applications.
Bristol Instruments is seeking an Technical Support Engineer for its Victor, NY location.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the company’s products and the applications for which they are used.
- Manage all aspects of the customer service department including:
- Provide technical post-sales support to ensure successful use of the company’s products.
- Work with customers to diagnose instrument issues and determine root causes.
- Coordinate the return and repair of equipment while providing timely updates.
- Champion the improvement and streamlining of service procedures and documentation.
- Maintain User’s Manuals and customer facing product documentation.
- Continually test products to ensure they stay current and continue to satisfy customer needs.
- Assist the engineering department, as necessary, to help advance product development projects.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the physical sciences or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to software programming for data acquisition (Python, MATLAB, LabVIEW, C++, e.g.).
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving and creative thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- High level of personal initiative with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities.
- Willingness to work with many groups, across various departments.
- Comfortable with all MS Office software.
Submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.