Product Development Engineer
Bristol Instruments is a world leader in optical interferometer-based instrumentation. Its customers range from top scientific research institutions to telecommunications equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a 15-year legacy of technological innovation that has resulted in best-in-class test and measurement products for the most demanding applications.
Bristol Instruments is seeking a Product Development Engineer for its Victor, NY location.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Investigate new measurement techniques by modeling and breadboarding ideas to evaluate feasibility for future products.
- Lead a team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to plan, schedule, and execute development of new instruments.
- Develop alignment and testing procedures for manufacturing.
- Author technical papers and application notes that demonstrate the capabilities of the company’s products.
- Assist the marketing communications team with the production of videos that demonstrate the performance and operation of the company’s products.
- Develop unique product displays for use at trade shows. Periodically attend trade shows to assist in the promotion and sales of the company’s products.
- Troubleshoot complex electro-optical instrumentation and software.
- Interface with customers to answer application questions and solve issues.
- Implement and test improvements to existing products.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in optics, physics, or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a lab with optical instrumentation. Familiarity with interferometric measurement techniques is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving and creative thinking capabilities
- Skills in software programming for modeling, data acquisition and analysis (Python, MATLAB, LabVIEW, C++, e.g.)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High level of personal initiative with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Willingness to work with many groups, across various departments
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities
Submit resumes here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.