Bristol Instruments is a world leader in optical interferometer-based instrumentation. Its customers range from top scientific research institutions to telecommunications equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a 14-year legacy of technological innovation that has resulted in best-in-class test and measurement products for the most demanding applications. Bristol Instruments is seeking an Applications Engineer for its Victor, NY location.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the company’s products and the applications for which they are used.
- Provide product and application support to the sales department to advance sales opportunities. This includes measuring customer-provided material samples and generating reports that analyze the results.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of the company’s products to potential customers either in person, or with web-based video conferencing.
- Generate product performance data required by the sales and marketing departments.
- Author technical papers and application notes that demonstrate the capabilities of the company’s products.
- Assist the marketing communications team with the production of videos that demonstrate the performance and operation of the company’s products.
- Develop unique product displays for use at trade shows. Periodically attend trade shows to assist in the promotion and sales of the company’s products.
- Assist with product training to the worldwide sales force (i.e., presentations and demonstrations).
- Manage and maintain the company’s inventory of demonstration equipment.
- Remain knowledgeable about the most current competitor product offerings and technology
- Provide customers with technical post-sales support to ensure successful use of the company’s products.
- Continually test product software to identify improvements to ensure products stay current and continue to satisfy customer needs.
- Using creative thought and curiosity, identify new applications and/or markets for the company’s products.
- Participate in the identification of new product and product improvement opportunities.
- Assist the engineering department, as necessary, to help advance product development projects
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the physical sciences or engineering, or equivalent experience
- High level of personal initiative with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving and creative thinking capabilities
- Willingness to work with many groups, across various departments
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfortable with all MS Office software
Submit resumes here: email@example.com
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.