Bristol Instruments is a world leader in optical interferometer-based instrumentation. Its customers range from top scientific research institutions to telecommunications equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a 15-year legacy of technological innovation that has resulted in best-in-class test and measurement products for the most demanding applications. Bristol Instruments is seeking a qualified Manufacturing/Instrumentation Technician at its Victor, NY facility.
- Assembly, alignment and testing of wavelength-measurement instrumentation in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
- Repair and calibration of products
- Must be capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders and test procedures.
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in assemblies using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Align, fit and assemble component parts.
- Some optics knowledge useful, but not an absolute requirement.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Must demonstrate good cleanliness habits to ensure excellent instrument performance and long life.
- Analyze and record test results and prepare written testing documentation.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent
- Any/all levels of experience will be considered. A "will learn/can-do/cooperative" attitude is essential, however.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bristol Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Bristol Instruments is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry or any other protected characteristic.